Lunt1.jpg7/11/2011 5:37:30 AM
The L.M. Lunt store is the current location of 100 Aker Wood.
From a 1904 Board of Trade Publication:
"The ladies specialty store, conducted under the proprietorship of Mrs. L M. Lunt, at 136 Main Street, opposite the Opera House, fills a niche in the esteem of the fair sex of Norway peculiarly its own. It is a popular and reliable headquarters for ladies' and infants' furnishings of all kinds, and is liberally patronized by all classes of the community.
Mrs. Lunt was established in South Paris in 1903, and moved to her present quarters in Norway in September, 1904. The store is conveniently arranged, and is well stocked with new and desirable goods. Each department will be found full of the latest, the newest and the best. The stock includes ladies' garments, suits and coats, separate skirts, underwear, hosiery, ribbons, corsets, fancy goods, furs, neckwear, gloves, etc., a specialty being made of the famous R. & G. corsets and "Ideal" wrappers. The firm is sole agents for the McGee adjustable yoke petticoats.
The Saturday sales at this store have become famous, and patrons know that when they advertise bargains they give them.
The methods are modern here, and the clerks are courteous and accommodating, giving customers careful attention and showing them the widest range of goods as regards styles, patterns, shades and textures."
Photo circa early 20th century